IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION/PRE-BOARDING MEASURES AND SCREENING - TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
We will deny boarding in case of:
• Symptoms such as fever (>37,5 C C / 99.5 F), cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle/body aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat and loss of taste/smell in the 14 days prior to embarkation
• Potential exposure to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID 19 in the 14 days prior to embarkation
• Temporary travel restrictions based on local circumstances. For example, certain countries may deny visas or prohibit entry based on travel history or nationality.
For all sailings in the upcoming months, please note that all Guests will need to take a molecular or antigen test prior to the ship’s departure:
• For departures from Italy: within 96 hours for Italian residents and within 48 hours for guests entering into Italian territory from abroad*. A Passenger Locator Form needs as well to be filled in before entering in the country (more information here)
• For departures from Germany and Spain: within 48 hours
• For departures from France and other European countries: within 72 hours (subject to change, latest information posted on the website/on this page)
The above COVID-19 test requirements are not required for passengers under 2 years old or for fully-vaccinated guests (full set of vaccine shots received more than 14 days before the start of the cruise). A proof of vaccination will be required. The test may still be necessary for National or International mobility requirement: it’s every guest’s responsibility to verify this requirement before departure.
The original test results certificate or vaccination certificate must be presented at the terminal (paper or electronic format) in order to embark on the ship. The certificate must be in English, Italian, German, French or Spanish and must contain: guest’s personal data (verifiable with the other travel documents), date of the test, identification / contact details of the centre that performed the analysis, technique used and negative test result.
To allow a safe return home to our Guests in compliance with national regulations, MSC Cruises has organized the possibility for its guests to purchase and perform a molecular test (i.e RT-PCR) or an antigen test during their cruise. More information in the FAQ section.
*Includes anyone who has travelled to, from, or through the Schengen countries, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus and Romania in the past 14 days prior to the ship's departure.
However, as per our stringent MSC Health & Safety protocol, all guests both vaccinated and unvaccinated, will need to undergo some Health and COVID 19 screenings including a COVID-19 test, a health questionnaire and a contactless temperature check, at the terminal before boarding.
The MSC Cruises Health & Safety Protocol is developed with the Blue Ribbon Covid Expert Group and MSC Grandiosa has obtained the Biosafe Ship additional class notation from RINA.